Nonprofits encouraged to apply for accommodations funds

  • Thursday, July 10, 2014

Berkeley County Accommodations Tax Committee is accepting applications for funds now through Friday, July 25.

Nonprofits with 501(c) tax9exempt status and government entities can apply. According to state law, use of those funds must go toward tourism-related buildings; tourism-related cultural, recreational, or historic facilities; beach access, renourishment, or other tourism-related lands and water access; highways, roads, streets, and bridges providing access to tourist destinations; advertisements and promotions related to tourism development; or water and sewer infrastructure to serve tourism-related demand.

The committee meets 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, at the Berkeley County office building off of Highway 52 in Moncks Corner.

To view the Accommodations Tax Policies, Procedures and Guidelines and Tax Check List, go to berkeleycountysc.gov and check in the Finance Department, under About Us. Questions should be addressed to Jennifer Hinson, jhinson@berkeleycountysc.gov.


Notice about comments:

The Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Berkeley Independent.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.

Upcoming Events
 Latest News
Print Ads

The Berkeley Independent

© 2015 The Berkeley Independent an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.