Monday, May 12, 2014
The organization that puts on the annual Coastal Carolina Fair in Ladson has donated more than $800,000 to nonprofits from the fair’s 2013 proceeds.
All proceeds from the fair are either given away to other organizations or spent on improvements at the 165-acre fairgrounds.
This year, 94 charities received money from the Exchange Club of Charleston.
Those charities include:
• C&B Volunteer Fire Department
• Carolina Canines for Service Inc.
• Darkness to Light
• Dorchester Habitat for Humanity and Habitat for Humanity of Berkeley County
• Dorchester Seniors
• Helping Hands of Goose Creek
• L.E.A.R.N. equine rescue
• Lowcountry Food Bank
• My Sister’s House Inc.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston
• Teachers’ Supply Closet
• St. Lutheran Church — The Ark
• Trident Literacy Assocation
Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Berkeley Independent.