Tuesday, April 29, 2014
The Board of Directors of Farmers & Merchants Bank of South Carolina in Holly Hill announced personnel changes at its monthly board meeting on April 14.
• Thomas O. Hutto was promoted from Vice President to President of the bank. Hutto has served the bank in various capacities over the past 20 years. He serves on the Board of Directors of Farmers & Merchants Bank of SC and its parent company FMB of S.C. Bancshares, Inc.
Hutto is a 1986 graduate of Holly Hill Academy and a 1990 graduate of The Citadel with a B.S. degree in Business Administration.
After graduating The Citadel, he served as a 1st Lieutenant in the U. S. Army while stationed in Germany. He is a graduate of the South Carolina Bankers School and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University.
He currently serves as a Director of the Independent Banks of South Carolina.
He also served on the board of directors of the Tri-County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
• William H. (Howie) Sohm, Jr. was promoted from Vice President & Auditor to Chief Financial Officer-Compliance. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Farmers & Merchants Bank of SC and its parent company FMB of S.C. Bancshares, Inc.
Sohm is a Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Financial Services Auditor, and Certified Bank Auditor.
He earned his B.S. in Business Administration from the College of Charleston in 1987 and received his banking diploma from The Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University in 1999.
• Thomas E. Jennings Jr. was promoted to Vice President/Branch Manager.
He began his banking career in 1990 at the Branchville Branch of the bank.
Jennings earned his Associate Degree in Accounting from Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College in 1986 and completed South Carolina Bankers School in 2002.
• Jennifer D. Walters was promoted to Assistant Vice President and Auditor.
Walters is a Certified Bank Auditor with more than 10 years’ experience in the Internal Audit Department of the bank.
• John L. Hutto will remain as Chief Executive Officer of the Farmers & Merchants Bank of SC and President of its holding company FMB of S.C. Bancshares, Inc.
Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Berkeley Independent.