Man dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

  • Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A county man died on Feb. 13 from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury, 25-year-old Audiel Lopez-Marroquin died in the early morning hours after using a charcoal grill for heat in an enclosed room at his College Park Road residence. Mr. Lopez-Marroquin’s wife was also affected, and she was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

The death was investigated by the Berkeley County Coroner’s Office and the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office.

Comments

Notice about comments:

Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Berkeley Independent.

If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Read our full terms and conditions.



Berkeley Independent

© 2014 Berkeley Independent an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.