Crime in the County
The following incidents were obtained from Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A St. Stephen woman met a deputy at a convenience store at about 3:30 a.m. June 2 after she said she was assaulted in Bonneau. She said at about 3 a.m. she received a text from a male friend that he needed to talk to her.
She arrived at his residence and entered through the unsecured front door and found her friend sleeping on the couch. As she was waking him up his wife entered the room, grabbed her by the hair and dragged her across the room. The two wrestled into the front yard when the victim broke loose and got into her car.
The man’s wife opened the car door and struck the victim in the face with a tennis shoe before the victim exited the yard. The deputy noticed scratches on her shoulder and a bruise above her right eye. The victim declined EMS and said she did not wish to press charges.
• An estimated $2,500 of metals were stolen from the air conditioning unit of a church located on County Line Road in Cross between June 1 – June 3. The complainant said the guts of the unit were stolen and the top was taken off so all the copper wire could be removed. The shell was not stolen.
• A Bubs Lane woman told a deputy she returned from out of town to find the windshield of her SUV shattered by a lawn ornament. She said someone removed the garage door opener from the vehicle, opened the garage door, entered the residence through an unsecured door and stole her 42-inch flat screen TV. The deputy noted the vehicle glass was shattered and a yard ornament was beside the vehicle.
The victim listed her son as the suspect and said he has stolen from her before when she was out of town.
• An Isle of Palms man reported his Butter Road residence in Bonneau was broken into sometime between May 19 and May 24. He said someone stole two TVs, a desktop computer with monitors and a Blu-ray DVD player. The deputy noted forced entry was made through a back window. The victim said someone broke out the back window to gain entry.
• A deputy ran an NCIC check on an abandoned vehicle found off Meldoys Lane in Pineville next to an abandoned mobile home. The vehicle was listed as stolen out of Lexington County. A tow truck was called to take custody of the vehicle. Lexington County law enforcement was advised of the find. The victim is listed as a man in Tampa, Fla.