Tuesday, April 2, 2013
The Charleston Festival of Choirs committee is pleased to announce the fifth annual Charleston International Festival of Choirs will be held Saturday, April 13. This one-day festival will showcase five choral groups — the CSO Gospel Choir, CSO Spiritual Ensemble, East Cooper Community Choir and St. Andrews High (N.C.) School Mixed Ensemble and the Muscle Shoals (Ala.) Choir. Guest Conductor and Choral Clinician Dr. Rollo Dilworth of Temple University in Philadelphia will serve at festival director.
The festival is a joint venture between Lee Pringle, founder and president of the CSO Spiritual Ensemble and CSO Gospel Choir, Jodi Breckenridge, owner, Music Contact International of Burlington, Vermont and Marilyn Austin, retired music educator and former choral director at Wando High School.
All concerts are free and open to the public; freewill donations will be accepted. They will take place at Second Presbyterian Church, 342 Meeting St.
• 1 p.m. will feature East Cooper Community Choir with Michelle Graham as director
• 1:30pm will feature Andrew High School, (N.C.), Mixed Ensemble with Kimberly M. Cozart as director
• 2 p.m. will feature Charleston Symphony Orchestra Spiritual Ensemble with David A Richardson as director
• 2:30 p.m. will feature Charleston Symphony Orchestra Gospel Choir with David A Richardson as director
• 3:30 p.m. will feature Grand Finale Massed Sing — 150+ Voices with Dr. Rollo Dilworth as Charleston Festival of Choirs director including Muscle Shoals Choir (Ala.) Hannah Bradford as director.
Learn more at www.charlestonchoirfestival.com.