Friday, February 22, 2013
Pets love us unconditionally – so why not give back to our best friends by bringing them out for some fun? Pets, their owners and those in search of a pet are invited to join Charleston County Parks for a full weekend of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment, and more at Charleston’s premier pet festival, Pet Fest, on Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park.
A two-day event, Pet Fest provides an opportunity for local pet organizations and businesses to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, pet-friendly environment. Leashed pets are welcome with their owners. Or, come to the festival in search of your new best friend from local rescue groups, who will have adoptable animals on site.
Pet Fest 2013 highlights and schedule for you and your pets:
· K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving (12, 2 & 4 p.m.). Your dog can dive for a $5 donation
· Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
· Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” and Family Dog Shows (Sunday only, 1 p.m.)
· Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume
· Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race other canines for a $5 donation
· Live music by Rawberry Jam, Sunday at 3 p.m.
· STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team Demonstrations
· K-9 Good Citizens Test (Saturday only)
· Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
· Nutrition, education and training tents
· Dog washing station
· Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
· Children’s activities, including jump castles
· Food, beverages and beer for sale
· Official presentation of the 2013 Top Dog, Charleston County Parks’ official dog mascot
Don’t miss Pet Fest, Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at Palmetto Islands County Park in Mount Pleasant (444 Needlerush Pkwy). Admission: $5 per day. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Children 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and leashed pets are free. This event is brought to you by Piggly Wiggly, Crews Subaru, and your Charleston County Parks. For further information call 843-795-4386 or visit www.ccprc.com/petfest.