Wednesday, February 6, 2013
According to the American Heart Association, coronary heart disease and stroke are the first and third leading causes of death in the United States.
Throughout February, Trident Health is providing their annual “Heart Health Events,” including free heart screenings and the latest information to help individuals lead a healthier lifestyle. A fundraiser at Music Man Barbecue in Moncks Corner is set for Feb. 12.
To make a reservation for any of these free Heart Month events, please call 843-797-FIND (3463). All events are free.
The “Heart Health Event” schedule includes:
• Heart Health Screening, Thursday Feb. 7, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Trident Medical Center
• Early Intervention - Know the Signs of a Heart Attack, Thursday Feb. 7, Noon - 1 p.m., Trident Medical Center
• Music Man’s Barbecue Steak Fundraiser benefiting The American Heart Association, Tuesday Feb. 12, 6-9 p.m. in Moncks Corner
• Survivor’s Valentine Lunch, Thursday Feb. 14, Noon – 1 p.m., Trident Medical Center
• The Beating of Your Heart, Darren Sidney, MD, Thursday Feb. 21, 6-7 p.m., Trident Medical Center
• When to Worry About Leaking Valves, James Benner, MD, Thursday Feb. 28, 6-7 p.m., Trident Medical Center.