Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The following incidents were obtained from Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A 2010 moped was stolen from the driveway of a Bristol Street resident near Moncks Corner the night of Jan. 15. The storage compartment may have contained tools. Deputies searched the area the next morning but could not find a moped matching the victim’s description.
The vehicle is valued at $800.
• A witness saw a thief stealing items from the toolbox of a Bonneau man’s truck while it was parked at Dennis Boat Landing near Moncks Corner the afternoon of Jan. 16. The subject left the scene in an off-white Camaro with temporary tags. The missing tools are valued at $50.
• A deputy responded to Highway 6 near Moncks Corner on Jan. 15 when it was reported that wiring from a Caterpillar asphalt paver had been stolen. The complainant said the vehicle was intact on Jan. 12 around Noon but the items had been removed by Jan. 15 at about 10:45 a.m. The parts are valued at $2,000.
• A Cross woman reported the screen and sliding door to her Old Highway 6 residence had been removed and someone entered her residence the night of Jan. 13. The victim could not determine if any items were missing from the residence at the time of the report. The damage is estimated to be $100.
• A Cross woman reported her ex-boyfriend came to her residence on the night of Jan. 15 and was banging on her door. She refused to open the door and asked him to leave. The subject became more agitated and shattered the bedroom window with an unknown object. The subject then slashed the right rear tire of the victim’s vehicle, which was parked in the yard. The victim said she does not wish to pursue charges.
The estimated damage to the tire and window is $320.
• A Moncks Corner man reported that his vehicle had been broken into the night of Jan. 13 while parked at his Red Leaf Boulevard residence. Missing items include $20 in coins and a $450 boat key.