Tuesday, September 4, 2012
The following reports were obtained from Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• On Aug. 27 at 7:30 a.m. a Pinopolis Road resident near Moncks Corner reported their Chevy 1500 pickup truck was stolen. The truck is valued at $1,500.
• On Aug. 28 at 7:50 a.m. the owner of a heating and air conditioning business on South Live Oak Drive noticed his $700 billboard sign had been stolen. The sign had block letters that could be slid onto the sign.
• On Aug. 29 a Moncks Corner resident returned to their Samuel Lane residence at 7:15 a.m. and found pry marks on their door, which had been forced open. The complainant said about $200 of knick knacks had been stolen from the corner cabinet near the kitchen, including a wine bottle and a shot glass collection.
• On Aug. 26 at 10:30 a.m. a Moncks Corner resident found pry marks on the kitchen door of their Maplewood Road residence. The complainant said $4,490 in jewelry was missing, including watches, necklaces, earrings and rings containing a ruby and a pearl.
• On Aug. 26 in Pineville a resident was checking on a Jenkins Road house and found a 3.5-ton air conditioning unit had been stolen from the residence. The unit, worth $2,000, was not disassembled as usual but taken in its entirety.
• On Aug. 22 a man checking on a Cross residence reported a $2,000 air-conditioning unit stolen from his son’s Mudville Road residence. The house is for sale because the complainant’s son lives in Georgia.
The Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Berkeley Independent.