Crime in the County
The following reports were obtained from Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• On Aug. 27 at 7:30 a.m. a Pinopolis Road resident near Moncks Corner reported their Chevy 1500 pickup truck was stolen. The truck is valued at $1,500.
• On Aug. 28 at 7:50 a.m. the owner of a heating and air conditioning business on South Live Oak Drive noticed his $700 billboard sign had been stolen. The sign had block letters that could be slid onto the sign.
• On Aug. 29 a Moncks Corner resident returned to their Samuel Lane residence at 7:15 a.m. and found pry marks on their door, which had been forced open. The complainant said about $200 of knick knacks had been stolen from the corner cabinet near the kitchen, including a wine bottle and a shot glass collection.
• On Aug. 26 at 10:30 a.m. a Moncks Corner resident found pry marks on the kitchen door of their Maplewood Road residence. The complainant said $4,490 in jewelry was missing, including watches, necklaces, earrings and rings containing a ruby and a pearl.
• On Aug. 26 in Pineville a resident was checking on a Jenkins Road house and found a 3.5-ton air conditioning unit had been stolen from the residence. The unit, worth $2,000, was not disassembled as usual but taken in its entirety.
• On Aug. 22 a man checking on a Cross residence reported a $2,000 air-conditioning unit stolen from his son’s Mudville Road residence. The house is for sale because the complainant’s son lives in Georgia.