Monday, August 6, 2012
Trident Technical College is offering a joint Certificate in Management from the American Marketing Association (AMA) by completing six 15-hour courses in two years.
Four eligible courses will be offered in August. All courses are held on TTC’s Main Campus in North Charleston, unless otherwise indicated; the cost for each AMA course is $199.
• “Communication Skills for Managers” is a new course designed to help managers improve their reading, writing, speaking and listening proficiency; avoid misunderstanding; coach and motivate employees; ask the right type of questions; and deliver successful presentations. The course will be held on consecutive Fridays, Aug. 17 and 24, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• “How to Be a Great Call Center Representative” provides an opportunity to upgrade the competencies of front-line call center staff. The new course focuses on customer satisfaction tools, including communication and telephone skills plus current legislation and technology affecting call center staff. The course will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 21, and Thursday, Aug. 23, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• “Presentation Success: How to Plan, Prepare and Deliver” will empower employees with many useful tools, including organizing information, overcoming stage fright, employing body language, using visual aids and effectively handling a Q&A session. The course will be held on Monday, Aug. 27, and Wednesday, Aug. 29, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In addition to AMA certification classes, TTC will also offer two new professional skills classes that focus on social media and work-life balance.
• “Work-Life Balance” is a course that will teach students to focus on the important things, set accurate and achievable goals and communicate better with peers at work and family at home. The course will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 21, and Thursday, Aug. 23, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.; the cost is $129.
• “An Introduction to Social Media” provides introductory information about many social media tools and programs available today and focuses, in part, on the use of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Students will learn how social media can be utilized to foster collaboration, develop and expand personal and professional networks and build relationships. The course will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 29, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; the cost is $59.
For registration and to learn more about professional skills and business certification courses, call (843) 574-6152 or visit www.tridenttech.edu/ce.htm
The Berkeley Independent is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not The Berkeley Independent.